Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Sleep - One Deep Breath

This week's One Deep Breath prompt is sleep and God knows I like to sleep, so here are a few stabs at the topic!



Cat Nap

luxurious s t r e t c h
cat recumbent at noon
soaks up the sunbeam





(c) 2007 aquamarine


Summer Song


my eyes half-lidded
cicadas drone incessant
summer lullaby


Rest

tumult of the day
fades away before healing dreams
my troubled mind rests


Up and At 'em

clock radio blares
I turn my face from the sound
and groaning hit snooze...

This last one I wrote a few weeks ago, but seems to fit the theme this week...


Last Fight of the Day


late night resistance
cunning sleep corrodes senses
unwilling eyes close


For more restful poems take One Deep Breath...

6 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

sunbathing cats and cicadas - summery!

Tammy Brierly said...

These were all wonderful but I'm a sucker for an animal soaking up the sun. :)

Pearl said...

Cat nap one is my fav. Being a lap for one just now.

Scribbles said...

Yup, the cat gets 'em every time! ;) glad y'all liked them!

Blondie said...

I sooo can relate to hitting the snooze button - and not just once either....

Patois42 said...

I do so like that cat nap poem with the picture. It is so spot on target.